Help refugee children through the Covid Winter!
The biggest part of our budget is dedicated to education. In the school-year 2019-20, we opened a third informal camp school in vicinity of Kousha and we could maintain daily educational classes for more than 250 children in four different locations of the Akkar Governorate. In 2019, we spent more than €100,000 for our Educational Programme, also thanks to a grant we received from SlovakAid. In this year, like in the past, we are relying exclusively on private small donations to bring the children we serve through the Covid Winter. It is the start of our 8th school year and there has not been one school day without classes at our Peace Centre.
- €6,000 will pay for our class rooms and local teachers until March 2021
- €5,000 more will allow us to purchase tablets and computers for 200 students
- €2,000 more will provide all students with internet connections until March
- €2,000 more will be used to distribute heating oil and clothes in the camps
- €5,000 more will allow us to open 5 more classes in 2 outreach locations
With the total amount of €20,000, we can provide daily education to more than 300 students over four months in all four locations we serve in the North of Lebanon: at the Peace Centre Bkarzla, at the informal camp school in Kousha and at the outreach centres in Michmich and Rahbe. We are counting on your help.
You can make a donation from all over the world using the "Donate" buttons on our website. We make the pledge that all donations with the special mention "Covid Winter" will be used exclusively for this campaign. Please contact us if you prefer to make a bank transfer or if you have any other question!